Over on the Talking Squid, I am writing about how much I hate myself and why you should buy Twenty-Six Lies/One Truth. It was simply too unseemly to do it here.
You may have noticed, in fact, that there is a bit of hate beginning to form. Some people, they want love. Some people, they want balloons. Me, I'm happy with hate.
You've got to love some of these pieces, so check them out:
- Agnes hates, but in Icelandic, which makes it a whole lot cooler than normal hate.
- Alisa Krasnostein (girliejones) has a list.
- Andrew Macrae (andrewmacrae) offers a warning.
- B exp_err is against humans.
- Ben Payne (benpayne) gives you a night out and jealousy.
- Cat Sparks (catsparx) still owns Duran Duran on vinyl.
- Chris Billet (chrisbillett) delivers a pirate shanty.
- Chris Barnes (chrisbarnes) a dialogue.
- Clare Dudman is all about the disorder. Also, she might actually have read the book.
- David Alexander McDonald (or Steven E. McDonald) (wyldemusick) is all about the conformity.
- David Carroll (ashamel) a description.
- E. Sedia squirrel_monkey wants my hate of beer explained. She likes the book, however.
- Elizabeth from Scarlet Arts makes hate look good.
- Forrest Aguirre (experimeditor) hates because simple internet linkage is beyond him.
- G (ironed_orchid) is concerned by my bagging of Perth... but still, fuck Perth.
- Iain Triffit (jack_ryder) admits that the covers too ASIM are to slippery.
- James Owen (coppervale) gives the Thomas Pynchon is a hack conspiracy theory a whirl.
- Jay Lake (jaylake) has a backflash to 'Nam, and Australian martial arts, Oz Boz.
- Jeff VanderMeer sports a shiny new tattoo, you know. Also, that hair is fake.
- Jens H. Altmann (black13) tries to sell you something not mine and I am appalled by his selling within my selling within my hate. He's just as bad as Peter Hollo.
- John Au-Yeung has never forgiven me for that pass mark. You'd think he'd be more upset about the year I had his name spelt wrong in my link list.
- Kaaron Warren (kaaronwarren) is all about clubbing people in the head.
- Kathryn Linge (kathrynlinge) is my bitch.
- Lynda Hawryluk (lyndahawryluk) gives a long rundown of all the hate and her own hate, and yes, she does have a job I'd probably like. In a place I wouldn't touch. But at least it isn't Perth.
- Mari Ness (mariness) talks about ducks.
- N (mastadge) wants to keep America safe.
- Patrick O'Duffy (artbroken) is about the anus cancer.
- Paul Haines (paulhaines) gives you the hate that what you want.
- Peter Hollo wants to tell you about the new Fourplay Online Store and the hate.
- Rjurik Davidson breaks the sacred oath of the Mountain. Also, a bag of ham.
- Russell Farr (punkrocker1991) forgets the artist and cover artist are Australian.
- Sebastian is just jealous of my beauty.
- Stephanie Campisi has probably my favourite one, where she riffs off the book.
- T (bodhichitta0) read page 135.
- Tansy Rayner Roberts (cassiphone calls for World Peace. Also, she wants K-Fed and Britney back together.
- Tessa Kum shows love, because who doesn't love Tess?
- Trent Jamieson names a long feud and talks about the rusty nail in my heart.
- V (delilah_noone) gives satire.
There'll be more.
Want to take part? It's simple: Title your post 'I Love to Hate Ben Peek', and let yourself go. Just drop a link to the book in at the bottom, like so:
Twenty-Six Lies/One Truth, written by Ben Peek, illustrated by Anna Brown, and a cover by Andrew Macrae. Buy it from Amazon, buy it from Wheatland Press.
(EDIT: As more hate comes in, I'll add it to the list. So check back every now and then.)